In One Weekend Turn Fear into Power!
“Extremely empowering… I feel extremely prepared.”
New Model Mugging Graduate
Basic Women’s Self Defense Classes
Established in 1971, Model Mugging® is the original Adrenaline Stress Training course and originator of the padded attacker. We’re the most copied full force self defense program, because we provide holistic self defense training that encompasses and trains all three levels of our being – mind, body, and spirit. We teach women how to apply options that realistically impact personal safety and self-defense skills.
Learn Self Defense in a Weekend
We have found the two day full weekend personalized rape defense classes to be very effective for women, especially those with busy schedules.
Self Defense Course Description
Derived from analyzing thousands of crimes, comprehensive literature review and interviews with predators and survivors to determine the “what, how, and why” of effective crime prevention and self defense skills. Our personal safety curriculum is designed to help students effectively recognize criminal tactics and the realistic experience in class so if it becomes necessary they have the self defense skills to successfully fight back.
Our training blends knowledge about predator typologies into fighting strategies and tactics that include vocalization, assertiveness, boundary setting, verbal negotiation and identification of predators’ weaknesses. We create safe and practical full force scenarios that allow our self defense students to practice their self defense skills with full force against our trained padded assailant. Students commonly comment what a difference it makes when hitting an assailant with full power.
Female instructors model strength and courage. They mentor each student to be successful throughout personalized scenarios. We show students how to leverage their own weakness and strengths, select options and apply realistic, physical skills during adrenalized full-force rape defense scenarios. From this unique form of education, students learn to apply all of their senses and self defense training, results in long lasting heightened self-confidence and the capability to select positive options.
Day One: Basic Women’s Self Defense Training Class
By combining martial science and extensive research of many disciplines into this comprehensive self defense course, we’ve been able to reduce the training time needed to learn new skills, while still improving personal performance and proficiency need for stressful conditions, such as a real life assault. The structure of our class content also helps students reduce psychological inhibitions related to striking with full force.
Day One covers the Five Principles of Women’s Self Defense©, which include learning awareness strategies, the behavioral patterns of criminals, situational recognition, personal behavioral assessment, methods to identify criminal vulnerability, types of violence, and the criminal’s mindset, while physically learning simple countermeasures against how predators commonly attack women.
We provide realistic self defense experiences so students begin develop their fighting spirit and the selection of appropriate options. They experience how the Five Principles of Self Defense© develop into realistic strategies for personal awareness, which deters and counters criminal behavioral patterns, especially crimes against women.
As students practice verbal de-escalation and negotiation, boundary setting, and refine their physical self defense skills against our Padded Assailant, our students continue to develop assertiveness under stressful conditions. The foundation of performing physical skills is established in preparation for locking the skills into muscle memory.
- Foundation Needed for Full Force Fighting
- Mindset for Fighting Back
- Crime Prevention Pyramid
- How Crime Is an Emotional & Physical Problem
- Criminal Mindset
- Origins of Predator Motivations
- Boundary Setting & Conflict De-escalation
- Full Force Scenarios against Padded Assailant (Attacking from Behind)
Day Two: Basic Women’s Self Defense Training Class
Building upon day one, the second day of self defense training focuses on the dynamics of sex crimes and the motivation behind predators’ behavioral patterns. During Adrenaline Stress Training, when boundary setting and conflict resolution are ineffective, students use their acquired knowledge about predator typologies to assess our Padded Assailant’s weakness and strengths.
Model Mugging students then apply their accumulated knowledge and physical skills during realistic full-force self defense scenarios by maximizing their personal advantages and exploiting the attacker’s vulnerabilities during sexual assault and overall rape prevention.
As part of viable options during, attack, students leverage intense emotions, such as fear. With natural, automatic expression of mind, body and spirit, they develop the ability to choose the most effective self defense response during potentially violent real life situations. After completing the Basic self defense class, our Model Mugging graduates carry their new self-confidence to other aspects of life. The impact of _____
The impact of self defense training skills become a reflexive part of each graduate’s life.
- Dynamics of Sex Crimes
- Four Phases of Assault
- Rapist Typologies
- Drug Facilitated Sexual Assaults
- Options for Women
- Options When Confronted by Assailants Who May Be Acquaintances and Strangers
- Legalities of Defending Yourself
- Full Force Scenarios against Padded Assailant When Attacked Lying Down
- Physical Skills When Boundary Setting & Conflict De-escalation Do Not Work
- Full Force Scenarios against Padded Assailant (Attacking from the Front)
During realistic full-force sexual assault scenarios, students learn how to maximize a self defense advantage while exploiting their attacker’s vulnerabilities. Students develop realistic self-evaluation to leverage viable options during an attack.
With natural, automatic expression of, mind, body and spirit, students develop the ability to choose the most effective self-defense response during a violent situation. Their self defense skills become reflexive, and their new self-confidence carries over to other aspects of life.
—–Find a class near you—–
- The achieved goal is student psychological preparation to reduce inhibitions that improve the fighting spirit.
- Explore proven successful options to resolve fears about being attacked in a street crime, and crime committed within relationships.
- Find empowerment through our progressive teaching strategies, which naturally develop effective, free flow fighting skills that become embedded into your body’s long-term muscle memory.
- Learn to leverage options not previously known.
- Discover what it is like to really hit and kick an attacker – and do it safely.
- Walk away with the skills, confidence, and practical experience of full force training against a single, unarmed attacker.
- Learn how to channel your fear into strength.
- Turn fear into empowerment.
- Learn how to transform fear into a powerful life tool.
- You Can Do It!
The Model Mugging Self Defense Advantage
- Over 45 years of applied research and experience providing empowerment self defense training.
- Our maximum Self Defense class size is 16 students, which ensures a high teacher to student ratio that achieves safe and superior self defense training.
- Application of a specially trained padded assailant that allows safe, full impact self defense training.
- Insure safety, classes are customized to suit the personal needs of each student.
- Model Mugging provides a comprehensive rape prevention program that also addresses issues related to intimate partner abuse and dating violence.
- Practice scenarios are individualized to develop every student’s special physical and emotional capabilities that maintain individual and group supportive settings.
- We can have fun learning to overcome this emotionally intense topic.
- We are able to teach with joy and laughter in a supportive environment while learning about emotionally intense topics, such as rape, crime and violence.
- The Basic Women’s Self Defense Course is a comprehensive course that teaches students how to use their strengths against an assailant’s mental and physical weaknesses, and how to solve personal safety concerns related to fears about being attacked, street crimes, dating violence, and intimate partner violence.
Decades after taking the Model Mugging Self Defense course, graduates have repeatedly stated how they learned to effectively channel fear and change the direction of their lives!
Graduate Testimonials continuously declare that Model Mugging, “changed my life!”
—–Find a class near you—–
Upon completing a local Basic self defense course, empowerment is naturally achieved by free flow fighting skills and the development of a fighting spirit for defense against rape and through community crime prevention.in a variety of ways.
After Model Mugging graduates learn tools to subconsciously recognize dangerous situations, feelings of peace and empowerment for personal safety helps shape their self-confidence. Model Mugging is pleased to bring empowerment self defense to your area.
Model Mugging impacts self defense training by providing the most advance training available for participants.
The basic women’s self defense class is a comprehensive empowering program that graduate testimonials continuously say positively CHANGED THEIR LIVES!
—–Find a class near you—–
Self Defense Workshop Option
The Model Mugging® basic self defense training course can be progressively taught in a single weekend, split into two consecutive weekend days or divided into a five session workshops. The workshop allows participants more time flexibility. Each workshop specifically addresses the types of attacks that commonly confront women. Every self defense workshop covers contextual information relative to building skills, application of skill sets and the development of effective mindset to ward off criminal attack.
Links to other Self Defense Class Options:
- Self Defense Workshops
- Advanced Self Defense Course
- Crime Prevention Lectures and Shorter Courses
- Self Defense for Girls
- Young Teen Self Defense Course – Ages 12 to 15
- Self Defense for Children
- Instructor Training
- Hosting a Self Defense Course or Seminar
—–Find a class near you—–